|#5 Pot**||#3 Pot|
Pricing and Sizing for Bamboo PlantsRetail Hours : Thursdays AND Saturdays 9-5
These are examples of 1) "Standard"**,
2) #5 pots**, and 3) #3 pots (from left to right)
Carefully hand dug plants:
1) Standard- This size is the most frequently used due to combined excellent propagation and beauty. These are available in 13” Balled in burlap, #7, squat 7, and #10. with no price difference. These will normally have 1 or 2 culms larger than 1/2” caliber. They will typically be in the 8-12' tall range.** See quantity discounts
2) #5 pots are also ready to go in the most popular species. These will have culms in the 3/8” to 1/2” range and will be 8' or less tall. These are most frequently used for planters and are slower to reproduce (propagate) than Standard plants.** See quantity discounts
3) #3 pots are ready to go in limited species and small supplies. They have approximately ¼” culms and are less than 6' tall. These reproduce even slower than #5s and so are typically suited to movable sized planters.
4) 2” caliber (culm diameter) plants(and larger)- These are machine dug due to the root ball size and come in a wire cage over burlap. These will be custom dug and start at $200/plant and go up depending on species and size requirement. Call for pricing on these.
**Quantity Discounts for 1) or 2):
When your total 1) Standard, or 2) #5 pots plant purchases are:
10 or more- you earn a 15% discount
20 or more- 20% total discount
100 or more- 25% total discount
Plant Appearance: We Keep several hundred plants of the various sizes and shapes which are most in demand ready to be picked up year around. 90% of these are standard and have the pricing shown. We also frequently have a small quantity of premium plants (which have an up-charge) and sometimes a few “propagation grade” plants, which aren't quite as pretty, but will reproduce just as well as standard. These are priced less. Call for availability.
Paying for plants: If you want to pick up plants the day you come to see the nursery, we accept cash, local check, credit card, or will set up an ACH billing for commercial accounts. Custom dig, contract growing, and orders over 100 plants require a 1/3 nonrefundable deposit (applied to total order).
5) Ground Cover Bamboos(for erosion control, rockeries, etc.)
These come in #1 nursery pots- $18 each
This would include, White Stripe, Green Stripe and Distichus
DISCOUNTS: This discount is for pickup prices when the totalGround Cover Bamboopurchases are:
50 plants or more- 15% discount
100 plants or more- 25% total discount
6. Large (Timber) Bamboo
These plants are normally dug to order.
Sweetshoot (Dulcis)- $130
Giant Grey- $130
Golden Vivax- $165
Robert Young- $130
This price list is not comprehensive, but includes 99% of what our customers ultimately have chosen. When you see other plants here at the nursery that you like, ask us for pricing at that time.
LOADING: During Thursday and Saturday retail hours, we normally have someone available to help with loading.
To give you an idea of what you can carry, we typically load 25 of the Standard Screening Plants in a long bed pickup truck. You can get 80-85 plants on a double axle 16 foot trailer. If you don't have a tarp, we can cover the plants for you- we have successfully had plants make it to Colorado, Maryland, Michigan and Florida covered with carpet backing or "Leno"
GUARANTEE: We guarantee our plants to survive for 6 months if you tell us you handled them with reasonable care, mulched and watered adequately. Simply bring the plant in question to the nursery for exchange. Please ask us for planting/care instructions if this is your first load or if you have any remaining questions.
BARRIER- 60 mil HDPE 30" wide is $3.00/linear foot with plant purchase or $5.00 without plant purchase.
TAXES- As a certified Tennessee Nursery, we legitimately do not collect sales tax on our plants.